Saturday, October 29, 2011

Lemon Angel Pie

 I had this when I was in Minnesota for vacation.  My friend Shari brought it to the lake to share with the family.  Oh my it was heaven!  I'm such a sweet lover anyway and oh how I love lemon!  I got the recipe and came home and made 3 or 4 of these for different things.

Don't skimp and buy the tub of  whip cream (like cool whip)  because it would change the taste of this delightful dessert!   It's the little things like making your own whip cream that makes you stand out with your desserts!            
Bottom Layer
4 egg whites
1  cup sugar
Butter 9” pie pan.  Beat 4 egg whites in 1 cup sugar and beat until smooth and stiff.
Put meringue in pie pan and depress center.  Put pie in cold oven, immediately set
Time for 60 minutes then turn oven to 270 degrees.  When oven reaches 270 turn it to 300 degrees.  Meringue will bake for a total of 60 minutes.

Lemon Filling
4 egg yolks
½ cup sugar
4 T lemon juice
Beat 4 egg yolks and add the ½ cup sugar gradually then the 4T lemon juice.
Cook in double boiler till thick (like pudding).  Cool-cover with foil if not using
Right away.

Whip Cream  1 pt whipping cream- sweeten to taste  (I use about a 1/3 cup of powder sugar and  1 tsp vanilla)
Layers
1.      Meringue
2.     ½ of the whipping cream
3.     Lemon filling
4.     1/2 of whipping cream



No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home