Monday, December 5, 2011

Pineapple Cream Cheese Dip

So I have mentioned I do not really care for Cream Cheese but I LOVE this dip!  Anytime I make it people can't stop eating it!  Last week I catered an event and forgot to take this lovely dip with me for the cheese table (I had plenty of other things... thank goodness).  So the next night I went over to a friends house for dinner so I took some with me... All my friends were like get that away from me!!!  It's so addicting! 

Make sure you really get all the juice out of the crushed pineapple if not it's becomes soupy and won't hold up...but if that happens just add some more cream cheese till the liquid is gone!

When I make this for a wedding I will triple the recipe then shape the dip into a pineapple shape.  I take whole almonds and cover it in rows...  Since I'm doing a wedding I usually have fresh pineapple so I cut the top off and cut into half so it can lay flat... Then just line club crackers around or leave it as is!




NOW the trick to this dip is you have to make it the night before or at least 4 hours before!  It does not have the same taste in the beginning!  The flavors have to blend together!

I do this often and have used whole almonds, pecans but I think I like the sliced almonds best!





Pineapple Cream Cheese Dip

2 pkg of soften cream cheese
1 can of crushed pineapples drained well
¼ cup chopped green onion
¼ cup green pepper (optional)

In a bowl mix with mixer,  pineapples with cream cheese then add green onion and green pepper. 

Let this set in the fridge for at least 4 hours or over night!  Keeps well in fridge for about 2 weeks!

You can serve as is in a bowl or you can make a cheese ball by shaping
 into a ball in saran wrap and place in  fridge for an hour then roll into
pecans or sliced almonds.

Or you can shape dip in the shape of a Pineapple then outline with
Almonds and the top of a pineapple for decoration. Use a top of a
pinapple to top it!

Serve with crackers...club crackers go very well with this!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home