Monday, January 23, 2012

Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie

So the first time I had a skillet cookie topped with ice cream was at Cheddars.  The cookie comes out warm with ice cream then topped with hot fudge, whipping cream and a cherry!  Oh my it's one of those things that comes to mind when someone mentions Cheddars! 

You basically use the iron skillet to mix it all together and to bake it in the oven!  Easy clean up!

Not long ago one of my good friends had a birthday.   So we gathered at another friends house to eat dinner and just have girl talk.  Two of my friends had their daughters there so I had them come help me.  We closed the kitchen off and said we will be back later.  I gave each of them a skillet and didn't tell them what we were making....they had to guess.  First guess was a cake since it was her birthday but no it wasn't a cake!  Once I handed them the chocolate chips bingo they knew just what it was! 

This is very fun for kids!  You will have to watch them since they will be using the stove but it's pretty easy to make and honestly sooooooooooooooooo very good!!

The cookies comes out of the oven all hot and chewy then you can top it with whatever you want!  Blue Bell is a must... I prefer homemade vanilla myself but really ice cream goes so well with this decadent dessert!   Hot Fudge tops this off nicely!  When you put it in your mouth and just thank God for chocolate!!

I was going to include the hot fudge recipe in this post but it's worthy of it's own post!  So look for it on the next post!  It has such a smooth chocolate taste to it and it last in your fridge for 3 months!


In an iron skillet add butter


Stir in sugar and brown sugar


Once the sugars and butter are combined turn off the heat so it can cool a minute...the purpose is so that when you put the egg it doesn't scramble!  So it doesn't have to be cool cool just not super hot!


Add 1 egg and stir


Add flour, baking soda and salt and carefully stir until there are no sign of the flour


add chocolate chips...these are ghirardelli chips ( I also use Nestle's alot)... recipe calls for chunks either works


I patted it down a little till it was even and to the edges


Just out of the oven




Now look at that!!  A warm chocolate chip cookie topped with Blue Bells homemade vanilla ice cream then HOMEMADE Velvet Hot Fudge!!!  Oh yes, that homemade fudge recipe is on this blog it's under Velvet (cause it's so smooth) Hot (cause it's hot) Fudge (cause it's chocolatey fudgy goodness)!


I'm in love ;)  with this melt in your mouth goodness!



You really have to make the Velvet Hot Fudge sauce I am going to put up next!  I will have to say it's the best hot fudge I have ever had! 



                               

One-Pan Dark Chocolate Skillet Cookie
1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 egg
1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup chocolate chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in an 8 inch cast iron skillet set over medium-low heat. Stir in sugars and vanilla and remove from heat. Let rest until pan is warm, but no longer very hot, about 5 minutes.
2. Crack an egg onto the butter and sugar mixture, and use a fork to whisk it well into the mixture. Place flour, baking soda, and salt on top, and very carefully stir into the mixture until smooth and well-mixed. Stir in chocolate chunks. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes*, or until starting to turn golden on the top and around the edges, but soft in the center. Serve with vanilla ice cream.

2 comments:

  1. My family enjoyed this recipe tonight. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad! I haven't been on my blog in a while but hope to start adding more recipes soon!

    ReplyDelete

Newer Post Older Post Home