Thursday, March 22, 2012

Favorite Restaurants in the Dallas - Ft Worth Area


This is a list of some of my places to eat out in the DFW area..  I'm not one that likes to eat out alot but when I do this is where I go!!  I will keep adding post but here is 14 of my favorite places to eat!


Bubba's! Truly one of my favorites places to eat! I have been going to Bubba's since I was 2 yrs old! Best Chicken tenders and their rolls are to die for!! Over by SMU - 6617 Hillcrest Ave, Dallas, Tx
Just fyi...I get the reduced portion chicken tenders comes with 1 veg (I get mashed potatoes) and a roll..and you can ask for extra gravy (it's free).  You will want to get another roll!  Check out my roll recipe Refrigerator Yeast Rolls I was determined to find this recipe..this comes very close...found it in Southern Living years ago!  Great find for sure!!  Here is the website  http://www.babeschicken.com/bubbas-dallas.html


Babe's Chicken which happens to be owned by Bubba's!  The difference between Babe's and Bubba's is at Babe's you sit down and order and Bubba's you order at the counter then sit down.  At Babe's you basically order your meat then the sides just keep coming!  They first bring you out a salad with a sweet vinaigrette on top then your meat comes.  Your choices of meat are chicken tenders, smoked chicken (my fav), fried chicken, pot roast, fried catfish and then some locations have chicken fried steak, ribs and meatloaf.  There are several locations now in the DFW area, here is their website http://www.babeschicken.com/ they also have a steak place that I haven't been to yet called Sweetie Pie's Ribeyes. It's a fun experience for sure and with all the locations now it's much easier to get to!



Bread Winners, love their breakfast but they have a great lunch menu along with a great dinner menu!
I go to the one off McKinney Ave, Dallas the most but there are 3 locations.  I get the the Farmhouse breakfast which is basically scrambled eggs with potatoes, jalapeno bacon, onion and cheese!  Their Club Sandwich is great too!  Each table always has a bowl of assorted breads.  If you go on a Saturday or Sunday be prepared to wait it gets crowded! Here is the website http://www.breadwinnerscafe.com/


 Charco Broiler is a hole in the wall but they have some good steaks and are very reasonable!! In the middle of Oak Cliff ... Charco Broiler Steak House, 413 W Jefferson Blvd, Dallas, TX. Tel: 214-942-6806 I have been going here since I was a teenager!  Very good!  A 6oz Sirloin with a baked potato and salad is $6.45!!!! Highest price is a 12 oz T-Bone or a 10 oz Rib Eye for $13.99 again both come with baked potato and salad!  Website is http://charcodallas.com/


 Herrera's ~They bring your food to you piping hot! It's a hole in the wall in Oak Cliff but it's worth the trip!! I used to work at Bank One in Oak Cliff so we ate here about once a week!  It's one of those places that you crave!  Even though there are tons of mexican restaurants in Dallas, I still crave their cheese enchiladas!  I love HOT sauce but I'm going to warn ya, theirs is HOT!  I never dip my chip in butter first anywhere but here I do cause it cuts the burn!  Herrera's 2853 West Illinois Avenue, Dallas, TX 75233-1005 (214) 330-6426 and they have a second location 4024 Maple Avenue Dallas, TX 75219!


La Calle Doce ~Another great restaurant in Oak Cliff!  I have been going here for years!  They are known for their seafood and have really good mexican food!  I always get the tacos or enchiladas, I'm a creature of habit!  They have expanded over the years so there is great outdoor seating and then part of it is in the house.  It's a very popular place!  I go to the one in Oak Cliff but they do have on in the Lakewood area in Dallas.  Here is the address to the one in Oak Cliff 415 W. 12th Street Dallas, TX 75208 (214) 941-4304.  Website is  http://www.lacalledoce-dallas.com/ they also own another great restaurant in Oak Cliff called El Ranchito    
http://www.elranchito-dallas.com/  they both have Mariachi's!  


La Madeleine's ooh la la!  I have some friends that when we go out for dinner we always end up here for coffee and dessert after!  One reason is we love it and the other is most are open until 10:00 p.m and we talk alot!  A few close at 9:00 and there is one or two that are open till 11:00!  I'm love the Quiche Lorraine and the Caesar Salad is great.  I used to get the Tomato Basil Soup but I make that soup alot and it seems like that changed it.... maybe not but I like mine better!  If you want the recipe click here Tomato Basil Soup.  When I go with my friends I mentioned above I always get the regular French Coffee then I either get the French Vanilla Tart with fruit or the last time I got an incredible chocolate chip cookie straight out of the oven!  I think I have been to every La Madeleine's in the DFW area!  Here is their website http://lamadeleine.com/


Hillstone's -Houston's Incredible food! Can be pricey but it's worth a splurge here and there! I go to the one  at 8300 A Preston Rd, Dallas, TX 75225.  Their hamburger literally melts in your mouth, it's $14 but it's worth every penny!  They grind their meat everyday!  They make everything from scratch from the salad dressing to all the desserts to even the bun for that delicious burger!  Here is their website  http://www.hilstone.com/

Hattie's is located in the Bishop Arts District this place has some great food! Address is 418 Bishop Avenue Dallas, Texas 75208.  The whole Bishop Arts area has just boomed!  People used to think I was crazy for eating in that area years ago and now they flock to it!  I get the Buttermilk Fried Chicken Salad oh it's so good!  They have a great burger too along with a really great menu!  These website has their menu http://www.zagat.com/r/hatties-dallas/menu  After lunch or dinner head over to Cafe Brazil for a great cup of coffee!

Pappasito's = yum!  Once you get the fajitas it's very hard to get something else (one order truly feeds 2 or 3)!  They come out hot sizzling with a butter garlic sauce on the side and fresh homemade tortillas that they make right there!  Their chips are light and crisp and they come out warm/hot with hot sauce...I'm getting hungry!  The first time I ate at Pappasito's was in Houston while visiting my sister Julie years ago.  It was so delicious!  The first one they opened in the Dallas area was in Richardson and believe you me we drove across town to get there!  They finally opened several around the DFW area and they are always crowded but they get you in there and out pretty well.  All the Pappa Restaurants are really good!  Here is their website http://www.pappasitos.com/



eatZi's Market!!  Yum!  eatZi’s Market & Bakery is a European-style eatery place that has several sections to it!  You can go to the bakery and pick up a loaf of White Chocolate Apricot Bread, have them slice it for ya cause it makes some great toast!!  You will probably eat a piece before you toast it but it sure is good toasted with some butter!  In the middle of the store they have a great take out area (which is what you see in the pic) then on the left is a grill for some great finds I get the roasted chicken often.  In the back they have sandwiches to order and salads then there is also another corner of prepackaged foods and also on the way out great unique drinks.  Like Italian Lemonade oh and they have a to die for dessert area! Not alot of seating inside because most is take out but they do have outdoor seating.  http://www.eatzis.com/ there are two locations in Dallas, I go to the one on Oak Lawn.  I read they are opening one in Grapevine!


My friend Paula got me hooked on Rudy's!  For the longest time they were just in the San Antonio -Austin area but they are now in the DFW area!  You have to keep a bottle of their bbq sauce in your fridge at all times, lol  They have a sissy sauce or their regular sauce that has a kick to it!  I get the regular one cause I am not a sissy!  It's really a great experience eating there you feel like you are in an old restaurant but it's new.. It looks like a gas station outside and they actually do have pumps outside for gas!  They have several locations in the DFW area now... check them out!  http://www.rudysbbq.com/


Chuy's ~ Another place I have been going to for years!  I get the light plate which is 1 taco, guacamole and queso because their chips are so good they come out hot...you eat so much before you come out your not as hungry!  They don't have your normal hot sauce they have more of a pico de gallo and make sure you ask for their ranch dressing sauce it has a kick to it and I don't even like ranch dressing!  When I don't get the light plate I get the Chicka Chicka boom boom enchiladas which has roasted chicken and cheese with Boom Boom sauce, made with cheese, roasted green chile's, cilantro and lime juice. Yum!  I actually make these enchilada along with the ranch sauce, I will get them on the blog soon!  http://www.chuys.com/  I like to eat at the one on Knox Henderson but there are now several locations around the DFW area.  OH and they have a happy hour..no not a drink happy hour (well probalby that is apart of it but I don't drink) a FOOD happy hour from I believe 4-6 or 7!  It's a free appetizer bar, really!


Fuddruckers ~ I love love love their hamburgers!  You can tell alot about a hamburger by the meat and they use some quality meat!  You order by the lb like 1/3, 1/2, 2/3 or 1 lb burger!  I believe I get the 1/3 but once in a blue moon a 1/2 lb.  They make their buns there and toast them up (I love a toasted bun) then serve it with some fries.  You then go over to the fixin's table which has tomatoes sliced or diced, onions, lettuce and the list goes on.. they also have an area with ketchup, mayo, mustard, cheese and.....  http://www.fuddruckers.com/ sadly a few locations closed but there are still several in the DFW area! 

 








2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this. I really like what you've posted here and wish you the best of luck with this blog and thanks for sharing. Find a Place to Eat Dallas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing such valuable information. We at Kirby’s Steakhouse is a private dining Texas Restaurant that welcomes guests with food fit for a legend. It’s really help for to know more information about prime steak and seafood DFW.

    ReplyDelete

Newer Post Older Post Home