Saturday, March 24, 2012

Green Beans

Now I love some good ole slow cooked fresh green beans with some bacon and potatoes in the pot cooking for hours but I am going to be honest and say probably 80% of the time I use can green beans!  I don't buy any other vegetables in cans unless you count whole tomatoes as a vegetable!  I buy frozen and fresh corn & broccoli then everything else I get is fresh.

 I buy the Allen Italian Green Beans most but I also buy De Monte regular green beans too!  I often buy the large can at Sam's because it's like $2.97, you just can't beat that especially when you are cooking for more than 6 or 7!  The can says it serves 25 but it's more like 20.  You can even freeze part of the large can of green beans if you would like in a zip lock bag. 

I drain all the liquid of the green beans. The green beans soak in that butter and honestly your not using that much.  With the liquid being gone the green beans can soak it all in easier.

Honestly when I cater people ask me all the time "how did you make those green beans".  It's really just so simple!

I used these today, drain all the liquid in the can then

melt butter, add black pepper and Lawry's Garlic Salt (with green lid) then pour green beans in pan


Cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes

Buttery Green Beans and you really didn't use that much butter!







Green beans

1  can of green beans
1 to 2 Tbs of real butter
Lawry’s garlic salt (with green lid)
Black pepper

Drain liquid off the green beans and pour into a pan.
Add butter and some garlic salt & pepper to taste let cook on med-hi
For about 5 minutes then turn down to low and cook for
15 minutes.

When I am making the large can of green beans from Sam's I use 1/2 stick of butter sometimes more. Then just season with black pepper and garlic salt to your taste.







1 comment:

  1. my mom always put a strip of bacon in her green beans. Made them taste special...but doesn't a little bacon do that. I love greenbeans, but I don't do the bacon thing but on occasion. Joe

    ReplyDelete

Newer Post Older Post Home