Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Hot Turkey and Cheese on a Croissant ~ Hot Ham and Cheese on a Croissant

This is a simple sandwich to make but it is so good!  I should call this the Kirsten sandwich in honor of my niece Kirsten!  This is her sandwich, she has made it for years!  One day I made us both one but didn't eat mine until later and it was still really good so I added it to my menu of sandwiches to some of the teachers I cater lunches for and it is becoming the top seller! 

Heating the croissant in the oven changes it, which is a good thing ;).  It brings out the butter and makes it even more delicious than it is, if that could be possible!!

I like to buy my ham and hickory smoked turkey at Sam's.  I get it over by the bakery, the brand is Castle Wood and I get the thin shaved sliced one.  It's really good and has a great flavor and it's good quality.  My friend Jeanetta told me that Costco has sliced chicken lunch meat that they really like, so I am going to have to try that on this sandwich soon.

I just slice the croissant in half and this sounds weird but I put Hellman's Mayonnaise on both sides.  Hellman's has a buttery taste to it and really goes well on the hot sandwich.  My niece actually like it on there and she doesn't like mayo!  Then just add your turkey (I add 3 slices) then cheese, I use colby jack but you can change it up.  Bake at 350 with the top off until the cheese starts to melt then add the top part of the croissant and bake another 5 minutes or so until the cheese is totally melted.

Sam's has 12 croissants for $5.99 and actually Costco does too.  They freeze very well too!  I find that the croissants at the grocery store are A. expensive, you get 4 for like $4 and they are B. too soft to cut well they kinda crush when you are trying to cut them.  If  am using a croissant out of the freezer I just set it out 30 minutes before I need it  or I pop it in the microwave for less than 30 seconds.




Ham and Cheese

Turkey and Cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home