Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Hot Ham Sandwiches


I had these not long ago and oh are they delicious!!!  It seems weird to pour liquid on top of these but because you baked them they do not get soggy.  Each sandwich has a buttery taste with each sweet savory bite!

These would be great for the Superbowl game or any gathering.  They are also great for lunch with Lay's Potato Chips!  They are kinda look small in size but really 2 are enough for most women and 3 for most men, they are pretty filling.

Make sure and check them after 15 minutes so the tops don't get to brown.  The recipe says 20 to 30 minutes but I found after about 15 to 20 minutes they were done!



I buy these at Sam's Club or Costco, you get 24 for like $3.50 and at the grocery store you get 12 for anywhere from $2.99 to $3.50.

I also buy this at Sam's, I really like Castle Wood products! I also buy their 
              Hickory Smoked Turkey and it's hard for me to buy any other brand!

I used colby jack cheese but you can use any kind of cheese, provolone cheese is also good on these.



                    Line a 9X13 baking pan, the recipe calls for 12 sandwiches but I
have 15 in here.  I added a little more of everything to cover all 15.
               


   In a small sauce pan combine butter, brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire and poppy seeds.





Bring to a boil and pour over sandwiches.  Note I forgot to put poppy seeds in the sauce so i sprinkled them on.  Next time I will put them in the sauce ;)   



Like I said I should have added the poppy seeds in the sauce.

Have you ever been to Penzey's?  It's a great store all about spices!  They are popping up everywhere!



I added more poppy seeds than I should have but they were still delicious!!!






Hot Party Ham Sandwiches

1 dozen Hawaiian Rolls
½ lb sliced deli ham- I use honey ham
½ cup butter
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp yellow mustard
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp poppy seeds

Preheat oven to 350

Split each diner roll in half.  Make a sandwich of the ham and cheese and the Hawaiian rolls.  Arrange the sandwiches in a 9X13 pan.

In a small sauce pan combine butter, brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire and poppy seeds and pour over sandwiches.

Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the tops are brown and crispy and the cheese is melted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home