Thursday, May 16, 2013

Bakery Cake

So I am not one to use a cake mix much to make an actual cake, in fact I use them more for when I am making a Neiman Marcus Cake which has a cake mix for the crust and then I use a cake mix for Dump Cakes (kinda like a cobbler).  Oh and the Old Fashion Strawberry Cake I make also uses a cake mix but other than that I might make a cake out of a cake mix once every two years and that is usually for kid's to decorate.

 On Pinterest there was a pin that said "Recipe for making a Box Cake taste like it's from a Bakery! It made me curious so I pinned it!!

 I found out that a little girl,  Ja'Niyah who my group Creating Heartstrings has come to love was going to get to go home!!  Ja'Niyah was in the hospital for 4 months and then the Ronald McDonald House another month!  Our group happen to be making dinner for the Ronald McDonald House in Dallas two days before she was leaving so I thought we should make her a going home cake!  My friend Madeline was coming to help cook so I thought I could have her make it and decorate it there at the Ronald McDonald House.  Madeline always does a great job decorating cakes.

Basically you use a cake mix and add on additional egg or it says you could add 2 additional eggs to make it richer.  Then instead of using veg oil you use butter but you double the amount and melt it after that you milk instead of water.  That is it!

Wow, this cake was delicious and was sooo moist!  I love a good bakery cake and I love icing, it's pretty much my favorite!  If the cake has whipping cream icing I am not even tempted and won't even eat a piece but if it has butter cream or even the kind we call lard icing, watch out! 


Ja'Niyah's cake


Ja'Niyah eating her cake...she had another piece later that evening!



Ja'Niyah and I, this girl is a fighter!  I saw her go through chemo, a bone marrow transplant and radiation!  It's amazing the strength and courage so many have with cancer especially children!




Step 1: Look at the directions on the cake mix
 Step 2: Add one more egg (or add 2 if you want it to be very rich)
 Step 3: Use melted butter instead of oil and double the amount
Step 4: Instead of water, use milk.
Step 5: Mix well and bake for the time recommended on the box.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home