Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Egg in the Hole

I was watching Pioneer Women a while back and she was making "egg in the hole's".  They a quite simple and so easy to make but taste sooooo good!  Basically all you do it make a hole in your bread by using a biscuit cutter, glass or anything you have that can be used to make a hole.  Then you add butter to a skillet add the bread with the hole and crack an egg then put it in the middle of the hole.  Add the circle you took out and place it to the skillet next to the bread, make sure there is enough butter. Season it with salt and pepper on both sides.  Flip the bread, you might need to add more butter then cook it to your liking (the egg).

My Grandmother Harvey used to make toast in the skillet and I loved it.  This brought me back to my Grandmother's toast with an egg added to it!

I have used wheat bread, Orowheat Oat Nut bread and Texas Toast... I love them all but I'll have to say I like the Texas Toast best!

melt butter and add bread then add the egg
 
 
Flip the bread and cook the way you like it and until the bread is browned
 
I like mine mostly done with a little bit of the yolk runny.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home