Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Simple Baked Chicken

I like a simple piece of baked chicken. I buy the bone in quite often because it really does give the chicken so much flavor. Bone in chicken also makes the best chicken stock!

I got two Le Creuset french oven last year from a friend and the first time I made chicken in one of them I couldn't quit eating the chicken before I got it out of the pan!  It was so tender and had sooo much flavor!  I have one very large french oven and one that is smaller which is in the pictures below.  Le Creusets have a cast iron base that is covered in a coating of  porcelain enamel glaze so it has an even heat.  The french oven (similar to the dutch oven) was designed for slow cooking!

Le Creuset pans are pricey but a great investment!  They have a life time warranty on all their cookware!  I was blessed to receive two of them and then last year for my birthday I got one more so I now have 3!!!  Just to give you an idea of the cost....the large one I have cost $445.00 and the smaller one in the picture is $110.00.  You ave to can often find Le Creuset products at a much lower prices at Marshalls and TJ Maxx, you might have hunt but they do have them often !!

The key is to let the chicken cook at a lower temperature and for a longer amount of time.  With all meat there is a breaking point where it goes from tough to tender, you just have to be patient!

I like to just use Lawry's garlic salt, black pepper and then just dot it with butter.  If you don't have a Le Creuset french oven just use a dutch oven or you could even just cover a baking dish with a lid or foil.


Lately Kroger has had Chicken Breast with the bone in for .99 a lb! I have stocked up!


I couldn't cook without this!!!


Place in pan then season with black pepper, garlic salt and dot with butter.


Use a french or dutch oven with a lid if you can.  You can also cover a baking dish with foil



So tender that when you pick up a piece of chicken it falls apart!




3 to 4 bone-in chicken breast
Black Pepper to taste
Lawry’s garlic salt (green lid) to taste
3 T butter

Place chicken in a covered dutch oven or dish.  Season with Pepper and Lawry's garlic salt.  Dot with butter

Bake at 275 to 300 for about 3 hours.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home