Sunday, October 13, 2013

Nutella Hot Chocolate

 Today here in Texas we are having a nice cool day, for us anyway (low 70's)! I wanted something warm to drink after lunch so I quickly thought hmmmm hot chocolate!  I made this for the first time about a month ago and as I was drinking it, thought this reminds me of drinking liquid chocolate!!!

 I don't even remember where I found this recipe, I was searching for Nutella Hot Chocolate and found many variations.  The first recipe listed  is for about 4 to 6 people and the one below that is for 1.  If you need a chocolate fix, this is it!!!  Next time I will make some homemade whip cream.  The first time I made this I added marshmallows!

You can add less chocolate chips or add more milk to tone down the rich chocolate if you would like!! 






Nutella Hot Chocolate
Serves 4-6

2 cups whole milk
2 cups half-and-half
10 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup Nutella
marshmallows or whip cream for garnishing

Combine the milk and half-and-half in a saucepan and bring to a low boil. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate and Nutella. Whisk until the chocolate is melted and the ingredients are thoroughly combined. Cover to keep hot.  Pour the hot chocolate into small coffee mugs, top with the marshmallows or whip cream, serve hot.
 
2nd Recipe for 1
1 cup milk
2 Tbsp Nutella
1/2 tsp cocoa
In a small saucepan, melt Nutella on low heat.
Add milk and cocoa powder.
Stir frequently until desired temperature is reached

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
                                                                                                                                                                         
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home