Saturday, October 29, 2011

Blueberry Muffins

 My friend Adriane gave it to me, she said you have to try this recipe!  I replaced my old recipe (Martha Stewart's :) and starting using this one!  Really good Blueberry Muffins!!  They are so moist and delicious and freeze well!

I like the way they round at the top.  Using 2 cups of sour cream really make these extra moist!  Normally I use fresh blueberries but recently I used frozen because for some reason blueberries went up in $ over night!  They did just as good, I put the blueberries in frozen...just fyi. Bake them for today and freeze some for tomorrow!

 

Really good Blueberry Muffins!


Blueberry Muffins

4 eggs
2 cups white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 cups sour cream
2 cups blueberries

1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 24 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
2) In a large bowl, beat eggs. Gradually add sugar while beating. Continue beating while slowly pouring in oil. Stir in vanilla. In separate bowl, stir together flour, salt and baking soda.
3) Stir dry ingredients into egg mixture alternately with sour cream. Gently fold in blueberries. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
4) Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.

Makes 24-30 muffins.
The only thing I did different was to take a couple Tablespoons of the flour and roll the fresh blueberries in it so that they didn’t spread out and make purple batter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home