Sunday, October 30, 2011

Fettuccine Alfredo

So I have never been a white sauce kinda girl so Fettuccine Alfredo was not on my food list!  I was catering a rehearsal dinner once and they wanted Fettuccine Alfredo!  I called my sister Julie because I knew she makes it alot and her family raves about hers!  I made some at home (a trial run) and told myself I would not eat any but would ask someone to try it.  I love garlic so much that the smell was making me want to try it.  To my surprise I liked it!  It has a buttery garlicky taste to it!  I'll admit that I probalby add more butter than it ask for and only add one and a half cups of cream but that's because I like it that way.  I still don't eat Alfredo anywhere else...still don't like creamy things... but I do love this recipe!

Oh, and on the parmesan cheese it works better with the Kraft kind that is kinda powdery... the freshly grated cheese melts and makes a mess and the other seems to help thicken it... but do top it with freshly grated parmeasan cheese!

1 1lb fettuccine
2 T butter
2 garlic cloves minced
2 cups whipping cream
½ cup grated parmesan cheese 
Salt & pepper to taste
2 T parsley

Cooked chicken sliced or chopped  ( I grill or saute' in a pan)

Melt butter in sauce pan add garlic cloves when sautéed add cream,
Parmesan cheese and parsley stir and simmered about 15 minutes.
add salt & pepper to taste.

Add cooked chicken then drain noodles and place both chicken And fettuccine in bowl pour in cream and toss well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home