Saturday, January 14, 2012

Cornbread....Good Cornbread

So this cornbread recipes reminds me of when I made the 7-up/Angel biscuits..... oh my it's  good!!

I am like what else can I find using bisquick?  This cornbread is made in an 8X8 baking pan and it rises to the occasion!  Nice and thick pieces of good ole cornbread!  If you double the recipe then use a 9X13 baking dish.

This makes 6 large slices of cornbread or 8 normal size....but you're going to want to do the 6 because it's that good! 


Also this cornbread taste good the next day too!  I never eat cornbread the day after because it seems to loose it's freshness but this one doesn't!

* you can also use a iron skillet instead of the 8X8 pan.   I put a tablespoon or two of vegetable oil in the pan then place it in the oven while I make the cornbread mixture.  Then I just pour it into the hot pan and bake!




Cornbread….good cornbread!

2 cups Bisquick

6 Tbsp. cornmeal

1/4 cup sugar

2 eggs

1 cup milk

Mix Bisquick, cornmeal and sugar together.  Melt ½ cup butter then add milk and eggs to melted butter and stir.
Pour milk mixture into the Bisquick mixture and stir. 
Pour batter into an 8X8 greased baking dish.

Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes until golden brown.


Variations:

Add buttermilk instead of regular milk.

Soymilk may be substituted for regular milk.

Add: 1 jalapeno, 1/3 cup white cheddar and 3 sliced green onions, thinly sliced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home