Monday, January 9, 2012

Enchilada Casserole

This is one of my favorite dishes my mom used to always make!  It's pretty quick to prepare which is always a plus!  I remember my mom saying she got this recipe in a insert of their electric bill! 
Years ago I guess the electric company would include recipes... glad they did!

It always brings me back to my childhood when I eat this and I am always glad when there are leftovers because it's kinda like when you cook Italian food it always taste even better the next day!




We made this in class tonight so I used the throw away tin! 
 Less washing dishes!
Looks great in a nice dish though!




1 cup chopped onions
1 clove garlic minced
2 T butter
2 lbs ground beef
1 can mushroom soup
1 can (8oz) tomato sauce
1 (6oz) can tomato paste
1 can (4oz) peeled green chilies chopped
1 pkg (9oz) Doritos  (any kind of tortilla chip)
12 oz grated cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Sauté onion & garlic in melted butter on medium heat, add
ground beef and brown. Stir in soup, tomato sauce, tomato
paste, chilies add salt and pepper.  Cook on med heat until
mixture comes to a boil.  Place half of Doritos I bottom of
a 13X9 inch baking pan.  Pour meat mixture over chips
top with remaining chips and cheese.

Bake in a pre-heated 375 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes

Serves 6 to 8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home