Monday, January 23, 2012

Velvet Hot Fudge Sauce



Oh my, this truly is one of the best hot fudge sauces I have ever had!  The corn syrup makes this sauce shine beautifully!  The taste is so smooth and chocolatey!  I immediately started thinking what all I could use this on.  Ice cream for sure but I think even icing for a bundt cake, brownies and then it would totally be perfect for a chocolate fondue!

I will post more pictures later because what I have doesn't do it justice.  I left my sd card in my computer on one camera then my other camera's battery went dead and my iphone just has never taken good pics!  I plan to get a pic of ice cream topped with this lovely hot fudge sauce soon!


I also think this would make a lovely gift!  This makes about 5 to 6 cups so those little mason jars would be just the right size to keep some and give some away! 

                                            Melt butter in chocolate chips in pan on low

         After the chocolate and butter melt together      

  add corn syrup and stir


the corn syrup makes it shine!



pour in condensed milk and espresso/coffee granules
then stir frequently for 30 minutes


so smooth and just the right blends making it very decadent!




Blue Bell topped with Velvet Hot Fudge ;)


I can sure see this in my fridge or as a gift


Perfection!






Velvet Hot Fudge Sauce

½ cup butter
1 bag (2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 ½ cups of light corn syrup
1 tsp instant espresso or instant coffee granules
1 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk

In a sauce pan, melt butter and chocolate chips on low, stirring frequently.  Stir in corn syrup and espresso/coffee granules.  Then stir in condensed milk.  Cook on low, uncovered 30 minutes, stirring frequently.

Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 3 months.

Serve HOT over ice cream, cakes, brownies, fondue dessert dipping and etc.  This sauce is too thick for serving when it’s cold.

To reheat, microwave on high, stirring every 20 seconds until it’s hot.  If sauce begins to boil or get overheated it may cause it to become hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home