Tuesday, February 21, 2012

New York Style Cheesecake


Cheesecake!  This recipe comes from the Philadelphia Cream Cheese website and is usually found on the inside of the cream cheese package.  This is a New York Style Cheesecake and the only thing I do different then their original recipe is I omit the sour cream sauce on top.   To me it's just to tart with the sour cream sauce (you pour it on and bake it the last 10 mins). So I omit that and just make the cheesecake part!  It's so creamy and rich and the crust is nice and buttery!  This is just a basic graham cracker crust which you could use on anything that calls for a graham cracker crust..... takes just minutes to make!

I have made this recipe alot!  Always turns out great!  Sometimes like today it cracks but once it has cooled you can just gently with a knife smooth it out...don't panic!  I put it into the fridge too soon.  I only let it cool for about 15 minutes because it was getting late and I knew I was covering it in strawberries!

Making a cheesecake really is so easy!  You just combine the ingredients for the crust then firmly press it down into the pan and pour filling on top of crust. For the filling you just beat the cream cheese then add the sugar and vanilla and 1 egg at a time then pour and bake!  That easy!

I only have pics after it was baked.  I started making it quickly cause it was late then I  put it in the oven and thought :/ I could have put that on my blog!  So I am showing you steps on how to decorate it if you would like.  I used a 1 lb carton of strawberries to cover the cheesecake!



 
                               
Slice Strawberries thin, you should get about 4 slices on a average size strawberry

So I had a crack in the middle and  I could have smoothed it out better but I knew I was going to cover it with Strawberries so I just quickly touched it up.

Start with your larger slices first covering the outer part of the cheesecake


Start your second row on top of the first layer trying to lay it in between two slices on bottom row

Keep layering in circles until you end up with this!







1-1/2 cups HONEY MAID Graham Cracker Crumbs
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
1 cup 2 Tbsp sugar, divided
4 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 tsp. vanilla, divided
1 container (8 oz.) Sour Cream
4 eggs
2 cups strawberries, sliced




PREHEAT oven to 325°F. Line 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Mix crumbs, butter and 2 Tbsp. of the sugar; press firmly onto bottom of prepared pan.

If you are using a spring form pan press the crumbs as above firmly into the bottom of the pan.  No need for to line pan with foil.
BEAT cream cheese, 1 cup of the remaining sugar and 1 tsp. of the vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add 1 cup of the sour cream; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour over crust.
BAKE 50 min. or until center is almost set.  Cool. Cover; refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Lift cheesecake from pan, using foil handles. If you are using a spring form pan the cheesecake should have pulled away from the sides if for some reason it didn't just run a knife between the cheesecake and pan the pop open.  Take your knife and gently run your knife between the crust and the bottom of pan until it loosens then slide onto a cake plate.

 Top with strawberries just before serving. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.

2 comments:

  1. It is a great recipe! Strawberries fix any flaws but also makes for a beautiful presentation!

    ReplyDelete

Newer Post Older Post Home