Sunday, March 11, 2012

Marinara Sauce


I make this alot and it's so easy!  You can even freeze some of it for later.

I often buy the large can of Crushed tomatoes at Sam's or Costco.  It's basically about $3.25 for a large can and since you can freeze it pretty cheap to make! Then when you need some marinara you already have it!  You can also buy a smaller can at the grocery store just whatever works for you.

I really like to use the tube basil or fresh but I was out so I used dried basil this time.  You can buy the tube basil in the produce section by where you buy herbs.  It last in your fridge for 3 months and it's even freezable!  I usually have 1 in the fridge and a back up in the freezer but some how I had none!


This is a large can of crushed tomatoes you can use a smaller can if you want.  The recipe below is for a smaller portion of marinara sauce the recipe I am giving under pics is for the large can.

Coat bottom of pan with olive oil, add  3 or 4  chopped garlic cloves and some Lawry's Garlic Salt (with green lid).  Saute for about 3 to 5 mintues on med-low just don't let garlic burn or it will become bitter.

Add crushed tomatoes and let simmer 15 to 20 mintues


Marinara Sauce


2 T Olive Oil
1 garlic clove minced
1 can crushed tomatoes (15 oz)
Lawry’s garlic salt (with green lid)
Basil (I use the tube) about 1 tsp

In a sauce pan add 1 T of olive oil and garlic let
cook for about a minute then add crushed tomatoes
And basil then ad the other tablespoon of olive Oil and
Basil.  Let simmer about 15 to 20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home