Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pecan Pie Bars


I have had these before but I had never made them.  They truly are easy as pie to make!
First you make the curst which I didn’t get any pictures of because I forgot until I was putting them in the oven.  Basically it’s a shortbread crust and you just cut the butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles a crumb like texture.  Then you pour it into your prepared 9X13 pan and press down covering the bottom of pan.  Bake it for 20 minutes the pour the pie filling over crust baking it for 35 to 45 minutes or until set.
I used parchment paper but next time I will just lightly grease the pan like it says.  I had to peel off the paper since it's kinda sticky!  They still came out great and oh are they good!! 

I was thinking I could even cut them into bars and freeze part of them for later.

The crust is like shortbread and the filling is just like pecan pie!  Great combo!!

So delicious and perfect for the holiday's!!! 







I left the pecans whole but could chop them if you would like


Mix all the ingredients for the filling then add pecans


Pour over baked crust- I forgot to take pictures of the crust!  It's very easy to make!


Beautiful color!


These taste just like a pecan pie just in bars!





Pecan Pie Bars

3 cups flour
½ cup sugar
½ tsp salt
1 cup butter
4 eggs
1 ½ cups light corn syrup
¾ cups sugar
¾ cups light brown sugar
3 T butter, melted
1 ½  tsp vanilla
2 to 2 ½ cups pecans

Preheat oven to 350- lightly grease a 9X13 pan or use parchment paper
In a large bowl, stir together the flour,  ½ cup sugar and salt.  Cut in 1 cup of butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.  Sprinkle the mixture onto prepared pan and press firmly.
Bake for 20 minutes in a preheated oven
While crust is baking, prepare the filling.  In a large bowl mix together the eggs, corn syrup, white and brown sugar, butter and vanilla until smooth.  Stir in chopped pecans.  Spread filing over the crust as soon as it comes out of the oven. 
Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until it sets.  Don’t over cook just until it’s not giggly anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home