Sunday, October 30, 2011

Garlic Toasted Bread

This is a Drennan family favorite!  Goes nicely with the Meatball and Spaghetti, Fettuccine Alfredo and so many Italian dishes I will post in the future.. Oh and the Tomato Basil soup (if you havn't tried the Tomato Basil, you really need to)!

It's best right out of the oven because it's all hot, crispy and buttery!  It's hard to eat just one!  On days you make this you just don't count the calories or fat ;)

If you don't have Lawry's garlic salt with the green lid......ya need to get it!  It has sea salt, garlic and parsley.  I buy it in the big container at Sam's then I fill bottles like the one below  and I probably go through the large one 2 or 3 times a year!  I use it in just about everythings I cook.  I always say it's my little secret! 
 
If  I am making the whole loaf I will ask the bakery at the grocery store to cut the bread for me when I am buying it.
They just put the whole loaf in their cutter and it's done in no time!  You can also cut it yourself just make sure you don't make the slices too thick and make sure and use a serrated knife


Melt about a tablespoon of butter then sprinkle some Lawry's garlic salt
onto the butter.... Sprinkle lightly just to where you can see it


The hotter the pan gets the butter just starts to bubble like it's doing in this pan!  I will just place the sliced bread on top of all the bubbly goodness!



Oven on high broil...keep an eye on it... see the butter bubbling on top of that bread!
You can always turn the broil on low if you want


Watch the back ones because sometimes they get done faster! 
Make sure to flip and toast on each side


Oh my it's so buttery and has this crispness when you bite into it!








 
1 loaf of French bread  (most stores will cut it for you in thin slices if you want )
Real Butter (about 2 sticks)
Lawry’s garlic salt (with green lid)


In a pan melt butter and some garlic salt once it get bubbly add bread
making sure both sides gets the butter & garlic. 

Turn the broiler on low or if your careful on high  (I'm guilty of burning a batch or two ;)

Place on cookie sheet and toast on both sides.  Keep a good eye on it so that it doesn’t burn! 

Bread can be sauteed the night before (or a couple of days before) and stored in bag then toasted next day.. If the slices stick together (from being cold) just place in microwave for 30 sec and it will come out nicely.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home