Saturday, April 14, 2012

Peanut Butter Snicker's Bar Cookies

I got this recipe from my friend Shari.  I went to Minnesota to visit her and her family in August of last year.  I came back with some really good recipes, like I felt like I hit a gold mine!  Shari and I went to school together back in the 80's but we lost touch with each other after she moved back to Minnesota. I thought of her often and one day she found me on facebook!  That facebook has a way of reconnecting friends, I was so excited she found me!

When I was in Minnesota we went to this Awesome Pizza Farm!  I need to post about that later!

For these cookies you basically just make peanut butter cookie dough (recipe below) then take a portion of it (dough is soft...just fyi) and place the mini snicker bar underneath and wrap the dough around it then place on cookie sheet.  Bake for 15 to 17 minutes! 

Let cookies cool for about 5 minutes then drizzle some chocolate on top!  When I am making melted chocolate for something like this I just grab some chocolate chips and melt about 1/4 to a 1/2 a cup in either a double boiler on the stove or a bowl in the microwave.  I add about a tsp of shortening to help the chocolate harden.  If your in a hurry and need the chocolate to harden stick the pan in the fridge for about 10 minutes!


This peanut butter cookie recipe is really good too just by itself but add a snicker and top it with chocolate and it's divine!



You will need a bag of mini snickers and some chocolate chips (melted) to drizzle on top.



Peanut Butter cookies

1 stick of unsalted butter (softened)
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking soda

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line several baking sheets with parchment paper (optional) and set aside. In a medium bowl cream butter, peanut butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy using a mixer. Add egg and vanilla, and mix on medium speed until well combined. In a medium bowl sift flour and baking soda together. Add to the butter mixture and beat just to combine. Scoop out 2 tablespoons of dough, shape into a ball, and place on one of the prepared baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough, placing scoops 3 inches apart. Dip the tines of a fork in warm water; press the dough balls lightly with the back of the fork to flatten them slightly (dip the fork back in the water for each dough ball, to prevent sticking). Sprinkle with a few peanuts, if desired. Transfer to the oven, and bake until golden brown about 15 to 17 minutes


Take a portion of the dough and place the mini snicker bar underneath and wrap the dough around it then place on cookie sheet.  Bake for 15 to 17 minutes! 

Let cookies cool for about 5 minutes then drizzle some chocolate on top!  When I am making melted chocolate for something like this I just grab some chocolate chips and melt about 1/4 to a 1/2 a cup in either a double boiler on the stove or a bowl in the microwave.  I add about a tsp of shortening to help the chocolate harden.  If your in a hurry and need the chocolate to harden stick the pan in the fridge for about 10 minutes!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home