Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Blueberry Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Icing

I had found several recipes for blueberry cake but they just didn't seem to be what I was looking for so I decided to make a cake out of the blueberry muffin recipe I have on here!  Oh my, good thinking!  The muffins are sooooo moist and good that everytime I saw a recipe I thought nah cause I was comparing it to that recipe!  So glad I tried this!

This recipe not only makes a beautiful 3 layer cake but you can make muffins, bundt cake and even blueberry bread by using a loaf pan!  Cooking time would differ on all so I'll give estimated times below. 

I don't have step by step pic guide but it's a very easy recipe!  Just make sure you fold in the blueberries so they don't get crushed by the beater.  The sour cream really makes this blueberry delight so moist!

I've made the muffins over and over again! The cake I will make again, I am sure of that!


The lemon cream cheese icing goes so nicely with the blueberries!


This batter makes nice size layers!


This recipe makes almost 30 muffins!


Truly delicious and moist!

Blueberry  Cake or Blueberry Muffins
4 eggs
2 cups white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 cups sour cream
2 cups blueberries


1) In a large bowl, beat eggs. Gradually add sugar while beating. Continue beating while slowly pouring in oil. Stir in vanilla. In separate bowl, stir together flour, salt and baking soda.

2) Stir dry ingredients into egg mixture alternately with sour cream. Gently fold in blueberries

If you are making a cake grease and flour 3 round pans and evenly pour/ scoop batter (will be thick) into pans.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.  Let cool for 15 to 30 minutes before taking out of pans

For Muffins
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 24 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
 Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
4) Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.

Makes 24-30 muffins.

The only thing I did different was to take a couple Tablespoons of the flour and roll the fresh blueberries in it so that they didn’t spread out and make purple batter.

Bundt Cake
Preheat oven to 350.  Grease and flour a bundt pan and pour batter in making it even on all sides.

Bake for about 50 minutes.  Check on occasionally after 40 minutes.  Test to see if done in middle before you take it out.

Icing for Cake -



Lemon Cream Cheese Icing

1 8oz cream cheese softened
2 sticks of butter softened
Powder sugar about 2/3’ of a bag
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
2 tsp of lemon zest

Cream together softened cream cheese and butter then add powder sugar
A little at a time then add vanilla. Add lemon juice and zest and mix well!

You can add 2 T of milk or water if it’s too thick (the more you beat it the softer it gets)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home