Saturday, June 2, 2012

Hamburger Steak topped with Stewed Tomatoes


I know I am always saying this is my favorite but this truly is one of my favorites!  You can ask most of my friends and they will say oh that tomato hamburger thingy you like so much!  It's simple fast and good!  My Mom used to make this growing up and I believe we all (my sisters and my mom) still make it! 

I had made hamburgers on the grill yesterday and had one left over so today when I was thinking about lunch I didn't really want another hamburger....then all the sudden I thought I have some stewed tomatoes!  So that is what I made Hamburger Steak topped with stewed tomatoes and cheese!

Basically you can either grill or pan fry your hamburger patty making sure you add some worcestershire sauce to both sides along with some salt and pepper.  Then in a sauce pan pour in 1 can of stewed tomatoes, worcestershire sauce, and salt & pepper then top with grated cheese (freshly grated ;).

I love to have a baked potato and either a salad or a veggie with it, today I made some broccoli I had in the freezer. 

Also I like to use 80/20 or 85/15 hamburger meat.  Sometimes I will mix one of the 80 % with a 93/7 and I try to buy Angus meat.  Gives the hamburger so much more flavor then using just the 93/7 % meat you need some of that fat in there to make it juicy.





Stewed tomatoes, worcestershire sauce and black pepper....oh and freshly grated cheese!


Freshly grated cheese just takes seconds and taste so much better then from the bag!



In a sauce pan combine stewed tomatoes, worcestershire sauce and black pepper


Let it come to a boil and simmer about 15 minutes




Once your meat is done just top it with the tomatoes and grated cheese!  Oh really this is oh so good!
Sounds maybe weird but it's delicious!!  Those stewed tomatoes really give great flavor to the meat!


Lunch but normally I would have this for dinner either way it's truly one of my favs!



Hamburger Patties

hamburger meat made into patties
worcestershire sauce
salt
black pepper

On a grill or in a skillet place hamburger patties and add some worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.  Cook until at the desired doneness of meat.


 Stewed Tomatoes

1 can stewed tomatoes
1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
black pepper
shredded Colby/jack cheese to top

In a sauce pan add tomatoes, worcestershire sauce and black pepper cook on medium until starts to boil about 10 to 15 minutes.

On plate top hamburger patty with tomatoes then add shredded cheese.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home