Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Fried Rice


I love fried rice!  It actually only has about 3 tsp of oil so it can't be that bad for ya, right!  It's so quick and easy to make especially if you happen to have leftover rice or if you make your rice the day before!  I normally though will have to say I generally make it all at once and it's still good and still pretty fast to make!

This fried rice has sesame oil in it, I love using sesame oil!  It has such a nice nutty smell to it which brings out a great bit of flavor to whatever you are cooking!  Crazy thing about sesame oil is at the grocery store for a 5 oz bottle it can cost up to $4 and $5 but if you look you can find it for $2.79 or close to that.  I happen to buy mine at a place called Restaurant Depot and you won't believe what I pay for a GALLON - $8 isn't that crazy!    

You can add shrimp, chicken, beef or whatever you can think of!  I had some left over chicken in the fridge but just wanted plain rice this time!  If you are adding meat to the fried rice make sure it's precooked before you add it because it only take minutes to make this rice and it wouldn't give enough time to cook the meat!



This is what you will need...fyi I didn't end up cutting any green onion but sometimes I do!  The recipe doesn't call for it but once and awhile if I have it I'll add a little.


Gallon of Sesame Oil $8 - 5 oz bottle $4 - Crazy!


Saute onion, garlic and toss in peas and carrots (i added mine frozen and I only added 1/4 cup cause I am not a big pea person;)


Push onions, garlic, peas and carrots to the side and add eggs



Once egg is screamble and cooked push all to the side


Add rice and soy sauce and toss all together


Fried Rice...truly it just takes minutes!!!




3 cups cooked white rice (day old or leftover rice works best!)
3 tbs sesame oil
1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots (thawed)
1 small onion, chopped
2 tsp minced garlic
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 cup soy sauce
On medium high heat, heat the oil in a large skillet or wok.  Add the peas/carrots mix, onion and garlic. Stir fry until tender. Lower the heat to medium low and push the mixture off to one side, then pour your eggs on the other side of skillet and stir fry until scrambled. Now add the rice and soy sauce and blend all together well. Stir fry until thoroughly heated!



        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home