Saturday, October 20, 2012

Louisiana Cajun Pasta with Chicken


I had a lady once want me to make something she had at The Cheesecake Factory for a party she wanted me to cater.  She actually drove 30 miles to get this pasta to go so I could taste it!!  I googled and found a recipe but changed it up a little bit.

I made this pasta and Fettuccine Alfredo for her event.  I had several people order this pasta after they had it.  Also I catered another event for her about a month ago and made it again, several people called later to ask her if she had any leftovers and that if she did they would come in and get them!!  I guess they liked it!!

I am not a big "creamy" person but I do like the Fettuccine Alfredo recipe I have on here and this pasta because with the Alfredo it's more buttery then most I have tasted (or normally I won't even try it cause it looks to creamy).  This cajun pasta doesn't feel to creamy to me either, kinda weird because both have heavy cream.  This pasta absorbs alot of the cream and chicken broth.

I use Adams Cajun Seasoning and really like it!  I also use Lawry's garlic salt (with green lid) which if you have read any of my post it's my FAVORITE seasoning!

I have used different forms of chicken for this recipe, baked, rotisserie and the chicken recipe that is on here .  I really like to bake chicken breast (with bone in) in a Le Creuset french pot but you could use a dutch oven or something similar to Le Creuset that have a cast iron base coated with the porcelainn enamel.  Cast iron gives such a even heat then topped with the porcelain it allows for some good cooking!!  That chicken comes out soooo tender and it has such a roasted taste to it.  Here is my recipe for Simple Baked Chicken, I often will make the chicken the day before and then when you make this pasta it's ready!

So you have several options on making the chicken! 
Oh and this makes alot!!  About 6 to 8 servings

You can buy your mushrooms already sliced but they were almost $1.50 more so I thought I can just slice them myself! 

Chop peppers, red onion and garlic.  In a skillet saute peppers, red onion and mushrooms for about 4 to 5 mins then add garlic and crushed red pepper


Saute veggies



I added chicken then cream and chicken broth let it simmer for about 5 mintues then add parmesan cheese.  Toss in cooked bow tie pasta and let it absorb sauce for about 5 more mintues on low.

I used a little more mushrooms then it called for!  Very tasty pasta!!




Louisiana Cajun Chicken Pasta

Ingredients

Or you can use baked chicken, grilled chicken or even use rotisserie chicken.  What I do most is bake the chicken in a Le Creuset French oven because it gives it a delicious roasted taste and it’s so tender!

Cajun Sauce


Directions:

Prep Time: 45 mins
Total Time: 1 3/4 hrs
  1. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
  2.  Add yellow and red bell peppers, mushrooms, and onion to same skillet, until crisp-tender, about 4 minute.
  3.  Add garlic and crushed red pepper to skillet and saute 3 minutes.
  4. Add whipping cream and chicken stock.
  5.  Simmer until sauce re-heats and thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
  6.  Add 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese to sauce, stirring to incorporate.
  7.  Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low, simmer; sauce will reduce and thicken.
  8.  Wash and drain chicken breasts.
  9.  Pound until very thin (the thinner the chicken breasts the better).
  10.  Mix breadcrumbs, flour, and Parmesan cheese together.
  11.  Place milk in dish for dipping.
  12.  Dip chicken in breadcrumb mixture and then in milk and then back in breadcrumbs.
  13.  Place in fry pan that the oil has been heated and fry at medium high temperature until golden crisp and cooked through.
  14.  Add more oil as needed.
  15. Remove and drain chicken; keep warm.
  16.  Meanwhile, cook bow-tie pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite.
  17.  Drain and return to pot.
  18.  Add sauce and toss to coat.
  19. Place pasta with sauce on plate, and top with chicken breast.
  20.  Serve, passing additional Parmesan separately.

*if you are using already baked chicken I chopped it in medium size pieces then I toss everything in the skillet pasta, chicken and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home