Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Chocolate chip Cookies

For many years I have always used Toll House recipe for chocolate chip cookies!  I still do love that recipe and pretty much only buy Nestle Toll House semi-sweet chips for when I need chocolate chips, however around Christmas at Sam's they carry Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips and each chip is larger in size making the cookie more chocolaty.  I can find them at the grocery store too some but I like buying the big bags! 

I love Paradise Bakery and for years you could only purchase one of their cookies at a Mall or at least around here.  Now they have stand alone stores so it can be pretty dangerous!  Thankfully there is not one right by me!  I have seen their recipe several times on the Internet so I decided to try it. The only difference between the two recipes is Toll House and 3/4 cup of sugar and 3/4 cup of brown sugar.  The Paradise recipe has 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar and then 2 tsp vanilla compared to 1 tsp vanilla.

I often will put cookie dough in the fridge for an hour or so then bake them.  This allows the butter to get cold again which give you a crispy cookie on the edges and a chewy cookie in the middle!  My favorite combo!

I will have to say this paradise bakery recipe is good!  Nice and crisp on the edge and soft and chewy in the middle! 

I will use the recipe again for sure!


Here is what you will need!


Cream butter and add sugars


Add two eggs


One of my little secrets!  I buy this in the Hispanic foods  isle, it is just like the vanilla you buy in Mexico!  It's from Mexico and it smells soooo good and taste just as good!  Best thing is it's like less than $2 at Walmart! When you buy the imitation one it doesn't even smell like vanilla and it has a bad taste to it!  Anytime someone is going to Mexico I have them pick me up a large bottle of vanilla!


Combine dry ingredients and gradually add to cream mixture


Add Chocolate Chips


Combine together


 I used a small to medium ice cream scoop to make them even


I like to use parchment paper when I have it


Just out of oven... crispy on the outside and chew in the middle


They stack up nicely ;)




1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1- 12 oz bag chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375

Cream butter then add sugars, beat in eggs and vanilla.  In a seperate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda.  Gradually add flour to butter/sugar mixture, add chocolate chips.

Bake for 12 to 14 mintues.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to try this recipe, but how many eggs?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry!! I have never noticed that! It's two eggs, I had it in the pictures but not the recipe.. I am changing it now, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Newer Post Older Post Home