Friday, August 10, 2012

Peanut Butter Granola


I saw this recipe on pinterest the other day and decided to make it last night.  It took all of 5 minutes to combine it together (if that long) and all of 10 minutes to bake it!  Wow!  The longest part of this recipe is letting it cool so it will crisp up because it comes out of the oven soft, still tasty but soft. Granola should be crispy so the wait began! 

You could easily add some m & m's, dried fruit, nuts to this if you wanted. 

This has to be good for ya because it only has oats, peanut butter and honey along with some vanilla and cinnamon. 

*I just wanted to add a day later  that I picked up some M&M's and all I am going to say is mmmmmmm!!!!!  I then wished I had some dried fruit...I might have to go raid the pantry and see!

Just melt the peanut butter in the microwave for about 20 seconds

add vanilla and cinnamon (I just sprinkled a little didn't use the 1/2 tsp it called for)


add Oats to mixture


Stir until combined well


Pour onto a buttered pan or you can spray it with non-stick spray,  I used parchment paper


Just out of oven, now the waiting game!


Delicious peanut butter granola!



Peanut Butter Granola

¼ cup creamy peanut butter
¼ cup honey
½ tsp cinnamon  (I used less)
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups oats
Preheat oven to 325
Butter or spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray (I used parchment paper).
Combine peanut butter and honey in a bowl and place in microwave for about 20 seconds until peanut butter melts. Stir
Stir cinnamon and vanilla into mixture then add oats stirring until combined.
Spread oat mixture onto prepared cookie sheet and back for 10 minutes until granola is slightly brown.  Let cool until granola is crunchy




No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home