Sunday, February 5, 2012

Chicken Spaghetti


This is another one of our family favorites from growing up!  My mom used to make this with that great garlic toasted bread I have  listed under breads!  Of course I do the same!!  They just go hand and hand but If I"m in a hurry I will just make some quick garlic bread slapping some butter and Lawry's garlic salt on a thick piece of bread then toasting it until the butter is bubbly and the bread is browned slightly!

I like to serve my chicken spaghetti right out of the pan but if you like yours more in a casserole form you can just pour it into a 9X13 pan and top it with some freshly shredded cheddar cheese then bake at 350 for about 20 minutes until cheese is melted.  My mom always served it out of the pan and it's so creamy and hot!  My sister Julie I believe pours it into a casserole dish then tops with cheese.. I think my other sister Tammy does it like my mom and I but I'm going to have to ask her!  Either way works!!

You can also add other cheeses with the velveeta if you like things cheesier!


Boil chicken in water ...I have 3 in here but you can't really see the 3rd one!


boil spaghetti according to package...look at all that starch!  I use either regular spaghetti or thin spaghetti....angel hair spaghetti is to thin for this...just fyi.  When spaghetti is done drain in a colander and place back in pan.




Cut up Velveeta and set aside


Saute green peppers &onion for 3 to 4 minutes then add garlic.  Saute till tender


Shred or chopped chicken


add cheese, chicken, chicken broth (I have a cup in here I reserved from the chicken I boiled), saute mixture, pepper, lawry's garlic salt, worcestershire sauce and cream of mushroom and chicken soup.  Let it simmer on med heat till cheese is melted and things are blended about 10 to 15 mins


Dinner's ready!













Chicken Spaghetti


1 whole chicken (or you can use 2 to 3 chicken breast)
1 cup celery chopped
Pimentos (optional)
1 green bell pepper
1 small onion
1 garlic clove
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 T Worcestershire sauce
Lawry’s garlic salt
Black pepper
Chicken broth (can use from chicken or canned)
1 lb Velveeta or old English cheese cut in cubes
Spaghetti noodles

In a pan boil chicken until done, save broth to use in spaghetti.

Boil spaghetti (use directions on box)

Sauté in butter celery, onion, green pepper and garlic until tender

Shred or cut chicken

Drain water from spaghetti and add everything above use chicken broth as
Needed until the consistently is creamy. I serve out of pan but if you want a casserole
pour into a 9X13 pan top with freshly grated cheese and baked in oven 20 mintues till cheese
is bubbly hot at 350 degrees.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home