Saturday, February 18, 2012

Waffles

 I really love waffles and pancakes!  There is a place here in Waxahachie that is called Cancun's, they have Mexican food, American food and Breakfast!  They have the best pancakes and waffles so when I go it's so hard to decide what to get because they serve breakfast all day!  They have really good Mexican food and American food but 1/2 the time I end up with pancakes or waffles!!

I got this recipe from my Aunt Carolyn several years ago.  I can remember having waffles at her house years ago and it's one of those things I always remembered because they were so fluffy and good!  I asked her for the recipe many years ago then misplaced it :( then about 3 yrs ago I was catering for a women's breakfast and they wanted waffles so I thought I have to get that recipe again!

These waffles are so fluffy and make a great size waffle!  You can freeze them which is nice because you can just pop one or two in the microwave or if your toaster oven is wide enough you can toast it. 
So much better than buying frozen waffles from the store!

My Aunt puts some vinegar in the milk to sour it....basically it becomes buttermilk!  So you can do that or even use buttermilk.  I was out of vinegar not sure how so I just used plain ole milk.  Actually I was trying to make some kind of paste to clean my pans with vinegar and I used it all last week!







What you will need...I was out of vinegar so I just used milk


Add dry ingredients then milk and combine


add melted butter or oil


Turn on your waffle maker then when your maker lets you know it ready pour in the batter.  Every waffle maker is different so use the amount it shows on your instructions.  I use  1/3 a cup or less for each waffle slot.


Large fluffly waffles!


Drizzled with syrup and melted butter....



This makes 10 large waffles so you can freeze what you don't eat then just pulled out what you want when you want!








Waffles


2 cups flour
2 tablespoons of sugar
4 teaspoons of baking powder
1 1/2 cups milk ( I sour the milk with vinegar)
2 eggs
1/4 cup oil or butter melted

Mix dry ingredients; mix eggs with milk; then add oil/butter...

Add as much to your waffle as your machine instructs.

Can make ahead…freeze then pop in toaster oven or if they are to thick for your toaster you can pop in microwave!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home