Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Angel-7up Biscuits

When I first made these heavenly things my first thought was "who didn't tell me about this recipe"?

I made these for the first time last week and now I have made 4 batches!!  First batch was for dinner which I halved the recipe (which made 4) then I made some for my pokeno friends (doubled the recipe),  finally last night in my cooking class we doubled the recipe again using a 9X13 pan. !

A few of you know my side kick, Blake.  He is a young man who helps me in catering and has come to my class for over  3 years now. Everyone loves Blake and he gets all the attention when he is around.  Blake is quiet (but I can get him to talk and laugh) so last night after he tried one of these biscuits he said hummmmmmm these are good!  I said Blake...... is that you?  Cause we have another guy who comes to my class and his name is Jermondre and he sometimes has to sit down he enjoys our food in class so much!  He makes all kinds of good food noises which always makes all of us laugh!  Last night he was taking home 6 cinnamon rolls and he said I'm not sharing these with my family.... then he said but they are going to smell them in the car...Man.....I guess I'll have to share!


Oh my, I felt like I did when I found the Refrigerator Yeast Rolls recipe 7 years ago... it was like I found gold! 

There is a restaurant in Waxahachie called Cancun's (a kinda hole in the wall)  and by the name you would think they only have mexican food.  Nope, not only do they have Mexican food they have breakfast all day and with the breakfast they have these heavenly biscuits (from 7:00 a.m to 10:00 am) that taste very very very close to this recipe! They also have American food and when you come in they greet you like family!

Just last week I told myself I am going to try and find that recipe!  I haven't eaten at Cancun's in several months but they are so good I think about those biscuits often, I'm not even a big biscuit girl!  So last week on pinterest I found this recipe!  If you're not on pinterest you need to be!   There is so much great ideas on there!!!

* you can use a biscuit cutter, glass, cookie cutter (round) or something you have in the kitchen to cut circles.  I like to mound my dough up and make a thicker biscuit.



after cutting biscuits you just place them in melted butter and they just soak that butter up!
*note I doubled the recipe so I used a 9X13 pan, if you are making  a regular batch use a 9 inch square pan.  It's important so the butter gets in each biscuit!!!

Just out of the oven.... the first two batches I made had more of a smooth top but oh well they tasted the same!

See the bottoms they are soaked in butter!

Who would have thought by just adding sour cream and then 7-up that you could make a lovely biscuit like this!



2 cups Bisquick
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup 7-up
1/4 cup melted butter

Cut sour cream into biscuit mix, add 7-Up. Makes a very soft dough.
Sprinkle additional biscuit mix on board or table and pat dough out. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a 9 inch square pan.  Place cut biscuits in pan and bake at 450 degrees until golden brown about 12 to 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home