Saturday, November 12, 2011

Chicken and Rice Casserole

I know most of you make Chicken and Rice Casserole already.

For years I would only use the bone in chicken breast with skin on.   Then for some reason two different times I used the boneless skinless chicken.  I kept thinking what happened.  It was good but not the Chicken and Rice I used to love.

The last time I made it with the skinless boneless chicken it hit me duh....  So I made it again this week with the bone in and the skin on and there it was the Chicken and Rice I was used to!

The juice of the chicken baking just soaks into the rice giving it a rich buttery flavor because of the bone and skin. You don't have to eat the skin just use it for flavor! 

I also often use 2 cans of cream of chicken soup so it's listed that way below but you can use 1 if you like. 

I cook my rice first, it just makes the rice so tender when you mix it in with the soups and chicken broth then bake it. 

You can even prepare the rice the night before just combine the the cream of mushroom, cream of chicken, chicken broth and seasonings then pour into your 9X13 pan and place in fridge covered till you want to bake it.. When you pull it out just put your chicken on top and put into oven (I wouldn't put the raw chicken on top until I was ready to bake it...just fyi)







Chicken & Rice Casserole


4 chicken breast  (with bone)
3  bags of success rice (cooked)
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
½ to 1 can of chicken broth
Lawry’s garlic salt
salt
pepper
butter 

In casserole dish combine cooked rice, cream of mushroom soup, Cream of chicken soup add enough chicken broth to combine everything.

Season to taste with garlic salt and black pepper, spread in pan. 

Place Chicken on top of rice and add little butter to each piece of chicken then sprinkle on black pepper, a little salt and Lawry's Garlic salt.


Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes then turn up to 
375 for 30 to 35 minutes. (if you happen to use skinless chicken cooking time will be less).


Or place in crock pot and cook on low or 6 to 8 hours.




2 comments:

  1. I'm guessing it should be 3 cups of rice? Hopefully? That's what I'm going with so I hope I don't mess it up! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, about 3 or 4 cups... as I mentioned before I cook my rice first then put chickn on top! The rice gets so tender cooking with the Chicken!

    You need to check out the smashed sugar cookies! Oh my, they are to die for and soo easy also the angel bisquits they are inbetween a roll and a biscuit!

    ReplyDelete

Newer Post Older Post Home