Thursday, November 3, 2011

Meatloaf

I honestly always forget how much I love meatloaf until I make it and say....Wow, I really do love meatloaf!

I made some this morning for the part of the lunches I was doing.  I was in such a zone getting it ready and delivered hot that I forgot to take pictures!  I guess I'll have to make some next week so I can add pics!

I served this with some good ole mashed potatoes and green beans! 


1 1/2 to 2 lbs pounds ground chuck
1/2 cup soft breadcrumbs
1 small onion, minced
2 garlic cloves chopped
1/4 cup ketchup
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Lawry’s garlic salt (with green lid) about 1/2 tsp
8 oz tomato sauce
Chicken broth just enough to make it moist ¼ to ½ cup

Stir together first 8 ingredients in a large bowl just until combined. Shape into
A  loaf pan and top with tomato sauce.
Bake at 350° for 45 minutes to an hour until meat is no longer pink in center.

You can also add some cheddar cheese in the middle then some extra tomato sauce…..Repeat on top.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home