Thursday, November 3, 2011

Grape Salad

I have never made this myself but I got this from my friend Heather who is in our Creating Heartstrings group!  Family and friends are always requesting she make this for different gatherings.

I will say that when I have been to gatherings where this is served all I hear is how good it is!!  People are always asking what is in it and if they can have the recipe!

I just personally don't like sour cream or cream cheese (a few things I'll eat with cream cheese) so I haven't made it myself.....I know I should branch out but there are 3 things I just can't seem to like... sour cream, cream cheese and BEANS!  I like green beans but all other beans are out for me!

Please send me your recipes too....the more recipes the better!

So thank you, Heather...keep them coming!!!

4 pounds of seedless grapes (2 pounds of red and 2 pounds of green)
8 ounces sour cream
8 ounces cream cheese
Between 1/2 and 1 cup of white sugar (to your taste)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup (I use 2 cups though) walnuts or pecans

I put my cream cheese in the microwave for about 15-30 seconds then add the sour cream. Add the amount of white sugar you prefer. I never really measure except by taste. Then add the stemmed and washed grapes and mix gently. This amount usually fits perfectly in a 13x9. In separate bowl mix pecans/walnuts and brown sugar and sprinkle on top of grape mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home