Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Smashed Sugar Cookies

Update 12-5-2011-  I started making these smaller and they melt in your mouth! I made them several times making the ball about half the size of a ping pong ball... You will have to play around with it once you smash it it's about 2 " 's wide and they are pretty thin. 


I had these at my friend Shari's sister-in-laws house and I immediately said "do you give out your recipes"? She said sure and preceded to hand me her recipe card then said oh you would love this one and this one.... so I walked away a happy girl with some tried and true recipes!

 I love sugar cookies and these are really good!  I think it's because of the mixture of the butter and vegetable oil. 

I did about a ping pong size ball which makes a good size cookie. I think hers were smaller so I am thinking next time I might do a mixture to see which size I like better.

I made these cookies for some lunches I was doing this week.  I put two cookies in each lunch box, icing one cookie with butter cream icing and leaving one plain.  I'm a sucker for sugar cookies and butter cream icing but honestly these are so good I like them just plain!


                                           
This is about the size you want the ball you want it to be...then just smash it with a glass covered in sugar!



Simply the best sugar!





Ingredients

1/2 c butter
1/2 c vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tarter
1/2 tsp salt


Preheat oven to 375

Cream together butter, oil and sugar add egg and vanilla until well blended.

In a small bowl mix together flour, baking soda cream of tarter and salt then gradually add
to mixture above.

Roll dough into balls then smash with the bottom of a glass that has been dipped in sugar.  I found wetting the bottom of the glass the first time help the sugar stay on till I was done smashing.

Bake 10 minutes




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home