Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pumpkin Bread

It's always good to have pumpkin bread around especially in the winter months!  I love it for breakfast with a good cup of coffee or really anytime of the day!

This recipe is one that I got from my sister Julie.

It truly is one of the best pumpkin bread recipes I have ever made and it is so moist everytime!

You can make this in a bread loaf pans or muffin tins, if you make muffins cooking time goes down to about 25 to 30 mins.  Sometimes I make a loaf and muffins since this makes to loaves. This freezes very well!  If I freeze the muffins I just take one out and pop it in the microwave for about 20 to 30 seconds.  If it's a loaf I just set it out and let it defrost but you could pop it in the microwave also.



Ingredients
3 1/3 cup of flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1tsp nutmeg
2 3/4 cup of sugar
1 cup veg oil
4 eggs
14 oz can pumpkin
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Sift dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients.  Mix well until smooth.
Pour into two greased loaf pans.  Bake at 350 for 1 hour

You can make muffins using a muffin tin, check them after about 25 to 30 mins.

Note:  While bread is still hot take out of pan and wrap with foil.....keeps it very moist!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home