Thursday, January 19, 2012

Spaghetti Meat Sauce

I love making anything Italian!  It truly inspires me to cook!  

I think only once have I bought a jar of spaghetti sauce.  I just don't like jar sauce.... I know there are some good ones out there but it's so easy to make our own and take the same amount of time!

Pretty much every time I go to the grocery store I pick up a can of tomato something so I always have a stock pile!  I even buy the large cans at Sam's, often!  It's amazing how much cheaper it is to buy the large cans.. I also have those at all times along with the regular sizes!


When I am going to be cooking all day (Italian) I pop in the movie 'No Reservations'!  The movie has Catherine Zeta- Jones and and Aaron Eckhart in it.  It's about a chef who ends up taking care of her niece because her mother dies and Aaron steps into her kitchen at the Restaurant and brings life...music and laughter.. Catherine is more rigid and gets annoyed.  Great music for sure to keep ya cooking! 



Things you will need.. See the tube of basil.....good find last 3 months and is as fresh as if you chopped it yourself!  Found in the produce section of your grocery store.  Also see the Penzeys Italian Herb mix...great store!  In the Dallas area there is one off Preston Rd and one at the Highland Shops in Arlington.    You will just love being in the Penzeys store so many good things!  I also have the Tones brand in this pic that is what I use if I don't have Penzeys....




              Brown hamburger meat and garlic in pan....also sprinkle some Lawry's garlic salt (with green lid) on meat


Add the tomato sauce, whole tomatoes, Lawry's garlic salt (green lid), Italian herbs and basil and let simmer for 30 minutes


        After it simmers for 30 minutes either cut the whole tomatoes with a knife in the pan or kitchen scissors!
                  I don't usually use fettuccine noodles for spaghetti but my regular noodles where hiding!  Of course I found them later... Regular noodles holds the sauce better than the fettuccine noodle ....just fyi






Spaghetti & Meat sauce

2 lbs of ground beef  (you can use 1lb if so use 4 cups of tomato sauce)
1 large can of tomato sauce (about 6 cups total)
1 14 oz can tomato sauce
1 can of whole tomatoes
2 garlic cloves minced
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp basil (I use the one in the tube)
Lawry’s garlic salt (with green lid) to taste


Brown beef in skillet with 2 minced garlic cloves and sprinkle some Lawry's garlic salt on meat.  Then drain fat off the meat and add tomato sauce & whole tomatoes..  Then add seasoning and let simmer for 30 minutes on med heat stirring here and there.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home