Saturday, March 17, 2012

Shaun and April

I catered a wedding last year on March 12th to a really sweet couple, Shaun and April.  April was one of the easiest brides to work with she just kept saying all I care about is in the end they see how much we love each other.  Shaun was easy to work with too after he got all his "hard questions" out of the way. lol!  He wanted to make sure her day was perfect and special. Shaun is from Wisconsin and wanted Cheesecake for his groom's cake.  He also is a woodcrafter and made two large stands for April's cupcakes that I made and then he gave the tier stands to me! 


The lovely couple ;)




Her Cupcakes with the stand he made for her (but gave to me ;)


His Cheesecakes


Gotta have cheese for a guy from Wisconsin!

About a month ago April's sister-in-law ordered a cheesecake from me because her daughter remembered the Cheesecake  from their wedding, it was her 9th birthday.  When I delivered it Shaun was there and said oh, can I order a cheesecake for our anniversary?  I said sure!  He said ok well April really likes Strawberries so lets do that and she also loves chocolate so can you do half with chocolate and the other half without because I am allergic to chocolate.  I said sure, I'll make this delightful  Velvet Fudge Sauce  and she can add it to the top of her slice.

Well that was on Friday and that next Monday April emails me and says....can I order a cheesecake for Shaun it's our Anniversary and I want to surprise him.  I said sure, then she said I love strawberries but he loves raspberries so can you put raspberries on top.  I said yes, I thought HOW SWEET is that!  At first I thought I'm going to have to ask Heather, April's sister-in-law how to go about it without telling either one that they both had ordered.  April ordered some Chicken Salad sandwiches that they had at the wedding also.

So I corresponded a few more times with both not letting them know each other had ordered.  Then I thought I'm going to have to call Heather. The day I was about to call her to see what she thought about me making two mediums size cheesecakes one with strawberries and one with raspberries, Shaun texted me to say "April told me she ordered a cheesecake"!  I said I was trying to keep the secret!  Then I said I was going to make two one with strawberries and one with raspberries.  He liked the idea.



 
His ~ Hers


Recipe for this cheesecake is on the blog under New York Style Cheesecake




The stuff... honestly look for this recipe on here it's under velvet hot fudge!


Lunch!  Chicken Salad Recipe is on here too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home